Top 10 Magnesium Benefits for your Health
Magnesium is a micronutrient that is often overlooked but plays vital roles in maintaining health. It is one of the five most abundant nutrients in the body, largely found in the bones. A diet rich in green leafy vegetables contains enough magnesium to supply the body's magnesium requirements. However, the modern diet often does not include magnesium rich foods, so a huge chunk of the population does not get the prescribed RDA for magnesium. The Recommended Dietary Allowance for Magnesium is 300-400 mg per day and getting this Magnesium dosage is the only way to take advantage of all magnesium benefits.
1. Magnesium helps keep strong bones and teeth. It aids in the absorption of calcium, to maintain health bone density especially during old age. Healthy magnesium levels helps in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.
2. Magnesium is good for Cardiovascular Health. Patients affected with Coronary Artery Disease, heart attack, high blood pressure, and arythmias are also diagnosed with magnesium deficiency. Magnesium supplements have been shown to speed up recovery from any of these cardiovascular diseases.
3. Magnesium supplements support nerve health. It is very important in nerve conduction and its deficiency leads to increased nerve excitability that produces muscle spasms. Increased episodes of muscle spasms have been reported in patients with low magnesium levels.
4. Magnesium supplements can be used to relieve pain from injury and trauma. It calms the nerves causing muscle tension for effective pain relief.
5. Magnesium prevents the onset of Type 2 Diabetes. Magnesium Deficiency increases the risk for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and severe diabetic retinopathy. It is involved in carbohydrate metabolism and influences insulin activity to optimize blood sugar levels.
6. Magnesium capsules and pills help normalize breathing patterns in people with asthma. Magnesium helps relax bronchial muscles to relieve the signs and symptoms of asthma like wheezing, breathlessness, and cough.
7. Magnesium for women helps reduce premenstrual symptoms. It particularly helps in relieving breast tenderness, bloating, insomnia, weight gain, and swelling of legs.
8. Magnesium rich foods are known to lower blood pressure levels. Clinical studies revealed that higher dietary intake of magnesium reduce women's risk of developing hypertension. It relaxes the blood vessels to reduce blood pressure. This is particularly helpful for pregnant women suffering from high blood pressure disorders like pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.
9. Magnesium supplements are recommended for athletes to prevent leg cramps and produce more energy. Studies on magnesium revealed that it benefits sport and athletic performance.
10. Magnesium helps with effective stress management, constipation, and migraine headaches. It is known to be the "anti-stress" mineral and when dissolved with water, promotes bowel movement in cases of constipation. Lastly, it has been found to reduce the severity of migraine attacks.
Log on http://www.tasmanhealth.co.nz/ for more details!